原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and a university print shop employee.
听一段学生和大学印刷店店员的对话
第二段
1 .Hi, I saw your ad in the campus newspaper.
你好,我看到你在校园报纸上的广告了。
第三段
1 .Oh. We don't have any job openings right now.
噢,我们现在已经没有空缺职位了。
第四段
1 .Oh no. I meant the other ad about the services you provide for students.
不,不是,我指的是另外一则广告,关于你们提供的服务。
2 .You see, I have been working at the campus tutoring center as a maths tutor.
我的意思是,我一直在校园家教中心做数学家教
3 .But things have changed, including my schedule.
但是现在情况有变,尤其是我的日程安排
4 .And now I want to start doing tutoring work independently.
现在我开始独立的做家教了。
5 .But in order to, basically, start my own business, I need to get the word out.
也就是说开始自己的业务,我需要着手做一些工作了。
第五段
1 .Ok.
好的
第六段
1 .I was thinking I should get something printed up that I can hand out to people.
我想我应该印一些东西能让人们知道。
第七段
1 .Ah. Well, actually, I just printed up some great-looking flyers for someone doing the same thing.
噢,事实上我们刚刚给和你一样需求的人印了一些 漂亮的传单
第八段
1 .Flyers. Yeah, that's an idea.
传单,哦,是个办法
2 .I guess then I could post them around campus.
我想印出来我就可以把他们贴在校园里
第九段
1 .Yeah. And you can hand them out too.
没错,你也可以把他们分发出去。
2 .But, oh, you know what?
但是你知道吗,
3 .I did something really neat for someone last week.
上周我们做了一个很棒的东西
4 .She didn't want to go the traditional route, you know, business cards, flyers, so we customized pencils for her.
一个女孩她不想走传统路线,你知道的就像名片,传单之类,我们就给它定制了一种铅笔。
第十段
1 .Pencils?
铅笔?
第十一段
1 .Yeah. You know, a little message printed on the pencil.
是的,你知道,少量的信息印刷在铅笔上
第十二段
1 .Oh, that's cool.
哇,好酷诶
第十三段
1 .Yeah. But you should know, it's not our cheapest option.
是的,但是你知道,这不是我们最便宜的选项
2 .Oh, and you know those little sticky notes?
哦,你知道那些小小的便利贴吗
第十四段
1 .You do those too.
你还做这个
第十五段
1 .Well, we did once.
是的,我们曾经做过一次
2 .I think those bright pieces of paper would be real attention getters.
我认为这些小纸片确实会成为吸引注意力的好手
3 .You know, students use them all the time, so they should be good for business.
你知道,学生们总是用它,所以他很有利于生意
4 .I don't know why we haven't done more.
我不知道为什么我们没有做更多
第十六段
1 .Wow.
哇哦
第十七段
1 .So you've got some options.
你还有一些备选
第十八段
1 .Right. Well, what about business cards?
好吧,额,名片怎么样
2 .My friend has these business cards, she does tutoring too.
我的朋友做过,她也做家教
3 .And she got them at this place in town, but they were kind of expensive.
在镇上做的不过有点贵
第一十九段
1 .For business card?
名片?
2 .Well, I don't know what your friend paid, but we could do something real simple and it wouldn't be much.
嗯,我不知道你朋友花多少钱。但是,我们可以做一些简单的,不会太贵
3 .Like for a batch of 250 for one of our standard designs, 20 dollars maybe.
像这样一批250张的设计标 准,可能要20美元。
第二十段
1 .20 dollars sounds okay.
20美元还比较合理
第二十一段
1 .Now, there are some other choices that will affect the cost.
有一些因素会影响成本
2 .You know, like different background patterns, using colour ink, that sort of thing.
比如不同的背景模式,使用彩色墨水诸如此类的
3 .And it also depends on how many words you want to include.
成本也取决于你印多少字。
第二十二段
1 .Ok. Well, I know what I want them to say.
好的,我知道我想印什么,
2 .But I am just thinking, I kind of like that pencil idea.
但是我只是在考虑,我还是蛮喜欢铅笔的想法
第二十三段
1 .Yeah. I thought it was neat.
是的,我也认为那是不错的选择,
2 .Now, of course you can only fit your name and phone number, and like, in your case, maths tutoring on it.
当然了你也只能印下你的姓名和电话号码,以及根据你的情况写上数学辅导。
第二十四段
1 .Right. Well, I could custom design the business cards though right?
是的,我可以定制名片,对吗?
2 .That's what my friend did.
我朋友就是这么做的,
3 .She said she designed them at the computer right there at the print shop.
,她说,她在打印店的电脑上设计的。
第二十五段
1 .Well, you can do that here, too.
好的,你可以在这里设计,
2 .But a custom design would be a bigger investment for your business than one of our standard designs.
但是定制设计比标准设计对于你来说是更大的投资。
第二十六段
1 .Well, I don't know.
好吧,我还没想好
2 .I am interested in business cards, so can I look at the standard design?
我对商业名片感兴趣,我可以看看标准设计吗?