始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 264455 同学完成了 4354076 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the university library.

听一段学生和校园图书馆工作人员的对话

第二段

1 .Ready to check out?

准备要把书借出去?

第三段

1 .Just about, before I do though, this book on early navigation,

差不多。但是在我借之前,我想要这本书早期的目录。

2 .I've been using this book quite a bit for a research project and I'd like to own it actually, and, well, it's an old book and there were two copies on the shelf just now, so I was wondering if I could buy one?

我在一个研究项目中很频繁地使用这本书。其实我想拥有一本。而且这本书很老,刚才在书架上有两个副本,所以我想,我可以买一本吗?

3 .I was talking to this guy the other day and he said the library sold books on occasion.

我在几天前和这个人说了,他说图书馆偶尔也会卖书。

4 .Is that right?

是这样的吗?

第四段

1 .He's probably talking about our annual book sale.

他说的可能是我们年度图书特卖。

2 .We have one every spring.

我们每年春天搞一次。

第五段

1 .OK, how do you decide which book to sell? Are they duplicates?

好的。你们是怎么决定去卖哪本书的呢? 那些书是副本吗?

第六段

1 .A lot are duplicates.

有许多都是副本。

2 .If we have more than one copy of a title and it hasn't been checked out in a few years, in that case, it might end up in the sale.

如果某一本书有很多副本并且近几年没有被借出过,在这样的情况下这些书可能会出现在特卖会上。

第七段

1 .I've actually tried to find this book on-line but no luck so far.

事实上我想从网上找到这本书,但是至今为止都不是很幸运。

2 .I was really hoping to buy it.

我真的很希望能买下它。

第八段

1 .Well, that particular book, well, it probably won't be up for sale this year.

好吧,那本书...他可能今年不会出现在特卖会上。

2 .Most of the books in the sale come from off-site storage.

大部分的书都来自于馆外的仓库里。

第九段

1 .Off-site storage?

馆外的仓库?

第十段

1 .That's where we keep books that haven't been used for several years.

那是我们储存几年没有用过的书的地方。

2 .They're still in the catalog which means they can be checked out if you fill out a form.

他们仍然在目录里,这也就意味着只要你填一张表你就可以把这些书借出去。

3 .It takes maybe a day or two to retrieve one of them.

可能要等1-2天的时间把这些书取出来。

第十一段

1 .I see.

我知道了。

第十二段

1 .And then before we decide to include a book in the sale, we review its circulation history again which can take a while.

然后,在我们决定把一本书放在特卖会之前,我们会再次更新它的借阅历史,这可能会花点时间。

2 .We've got a lot of books in storage.

在储藏室中,我们有很多的书。

第十三段

1 .So it's basically the unpopular books that get put up for sale then.

这也就是说只有不受欢迎的书再会被卖掉?

第十四段

1 .Well, that, plus the main thing is to make sure students have access to the information in the books.

嗯,还有,最主要的是要确保学生能接触到书中的信息。

2 .A lot of them are available in electronic format these days, even the really old ones.

现在,很多书已经有电子版了,即使是很老的书。

3 .You know they've been preserved that way.

他们是那样被保存的。

第十五段

1 .So most of the books for sale are older books.

所以大部分被特卖的书都是很老的书。

第十六段

1 .Well, we get book donations too and lots of those are new.

我们也会获得图书捐赠,并且很多捐赠的书都是新的。

2 .Again, a librarian reviews them and decides whether to catalog them or put them up for sale.

图书管理员还是会检查一下这些书,看是把这些书放到目录中还是放到特卖会上。

第十七段

1 .Is the sale open to the public?

这个特卖会向公众开放吗?

第十八段

1 .On the second day, it's a two-day sale.

在第二天开放。这是两天的特卖。

2 .The first day is for students, faculty and staff though which is great.

第一天是针对学生、教员和工作人员的,这个很棒。

3 .We usually need about 20 volunteers for the sale and, well, if you volunteer, you get first shot at everything in advance.

事实上我们需要20个特卖会的志愿者。如果你当志愿者,你就可以提前看到所有的书。

第一十九段

1 .Really? What do volunteers have to do?

真的吗?志愿者要做些什么?

第二十段

1 .You help sort the books and set up the tables.

帮忙分类书籍并把他们放在桌子上。

2 .But keep in mind, those positions fill up quickly.

但是记住,这些志愿者名额很快就会满的。

3 .Now, about this particular book, it wouldn't hurt to send a formal request to the collection department.

现在,关于这本书,向馆藏部门寄一封正式的请求没有什么坏处。

4 .They might be able to let you know if it'd be up for sale.

他们也许会让你知道这本书会不会被特卖。

第二十一段

1 .I'll do that. Thanks.

我会这样做的,谢谢。