始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 264455 同学完成了 4354076 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and his biology professor.

听一段学生和他的生物教授之间的对话

第二段

1 .Well, you know, I'm reading the papers about whales, and the path they travel as they swim through the ocean, their migration patterns.

老师,你知道,我正在写一篇关于鲸鱼和它迁徙到海洋的路径的论文。

第三段

1 .Yes, I remember.

对,我记得。

第四段

1 .Well, I was thinking about it, and I realized I don't understand how they hold their breaths under water.

嗯,我在想这个东西的时候,发现我不明白它们在水下是如何屏住呼吸的。

2 .It's a little crazy for me to be writing a paper about migration patterns without actually knowing how they stay underwater for so long.

对我来说,不知道她们是如何在水下待那么长时间的情况下写它们的迁徙模式有点崩溃。

第五段

1 .Did you do any research to find out how they do it?

你有没有做些调查看看它们是如何做到的?

第六段

1 .Yeah, I did. I searched on the Internet, and there was a lot of information about whales, their habitats, the way they communicate, you know, their songs.

是的,我有做过。我在网上搜索,网上有很多信息是关于鲸鱼,它们的栖息地,以及她们交流的方式,也就是它们的歌。

2 .But if there was anything about whales and how they hold their breaths, I missed it.

但是我没有找到任何关于它们如何屏住呼吸的。

3 .I've got a bunch of books.

我找了很多书。

4 .Actually, I've got so much information. It's a little overwhelming.

实际上我搜集了很多的信息,有点太多了。

第七段

1 .I'm surprised that there is nothing about it in any of those books.

我很奇怪那些书里竟然没有任何相关信息。

2 .Well, to be honest, I've only skimmed them so far.

好吧,说实话,我现在只是略读。

第八段

1 .I'm still working on finding sources.

我还在找资料。

第九段

1 .Ok, I know I encourage everyone in class to look at a substantial number of sources, but I don't want you to get overwhelmed.

好吧,我知道我鼓励班里的同学找多一些的资料,但是我不想让你们压力太大。

2 .Looking at a number of sources gives you a good knowledge base, but students only have a limited amount of time to work on each paper.

看一定量的资料就可以你就可以得到一个良好的知识基础。但是每篇论文只有一定有限的时间去完成。

3 .I don't expect you to read a dozen of books on whales for this assignment.

我不想让你为了这个作业读很多关于鲸鱼的书,

4 .Focus on just a few.

只关注几本就够了。

第十段

1 .Ok, thanks.

哦,谢谢

第十一段

1 .You know, since you're already here, I can give you a quick summary of how whales hold their breaths underwater.

既然你都到这了。我可以给你快速的总结一下鲸鱼是如何在水下屏住呼吸的

2 .It's just a matter of certain adaptations in their anatomies, specifically in their circulatory system.

只是它们结构上的一些改变,尤其是它们的循环系统。

第十二段

1 .So, the blood flow was what makes the difference?

所以是血液循环造成的吗?

第十三段

1 .Yes, and in a couple of ways.

是的,用好几种方法

第十四段

1 .First, blood makes up a larger share of whale's weight than any other mammals.

首先,比起其他哺乳动物来说,鲸鱼的血液占了更多的身体比重。

第十五段

1 .So they can store more oxygen because they have more blood?

因为她们有更多的血液,所以它们可以存储更多的氧气吗?

第十六段

1 .Yes, but that's only part of it.

对,但这只是其中一部分。

2 .They also have a greater capacity than land animals to store oxygen in their blood.

它们比陆生动物有更大的血液存氧量。

第十七段

1 .So how does having more oxygen in their blood help them stay underwater longer?

那么血液中更多的氧气是如何帮助她们在水下待更长的时间的呢?

第十八段

1 .It's the way the whale's blood carries oxygen to the rest of its body.

是因为鲸鱼的血液可以给它身体的其他部分传送更多的氧气。

2 .Whales carefully conserve their oxygen when underwater in a couple of ways.

鲸鱼在水下用好几种方法保存他们的氧气。

3 .When a whale dives, its metabolic weight drops, causing its heart beat to slow down.

当鲸鱼潜水的时候,新陈代谢速率下降,导致心跳减速。

4 .And the blood flows to its muscles and some of its none-vital organs, like its kidneys, is also cut off.

并且流动到他的肌肉以及一些非要害器官的血液要被切断,比如它的肾脏。

5 .A Whale's muscles and none-vital organs are able to function without oxygen for an extended period of time.

留到它的肌肉和其他肾脏之类的非要害器官的血液也减少。鲸鱼的肌肉和不重要的器官可以在无氧条件下工作很长一段时间。

第一十九段

1 .I see, well, now I can concentrate on my topic.

我明白了。现在我可以集中在我的论文话题上了