原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .listen to a conversation between a student and an employee at the university center for off-campus study.
听一段学生和校园中心校外活动处的工作人员的对话
第二段
1 .Hi, I am Tom Arnold.
你好我是Tom Arnold。
第三段
1 .I am supposed to pick up a packet from the regional center for marine research.
应该有一个从海洋研究地区中心给我的包裹。
2 .I am doing an internship there this summer.
我将在那里做个暑期实习。
第四段
1 .Yes, I have it right here.
是的。包裹在这里。
2 .The mail carrier dropped it off a few minutes ago.
邮件派送人员几分钟之前刚把它送来。
第五段
1 .Thanks. Um... I wanted to ask about getting credits for the internship.I don't know if...
谢谢。我还想问问有关实习算学分的事情,我不知道是否...
2 .I might be able to help you with that.
我也许能帮到你。
第六段
1 .Is there a problem?
有什么问题吗?
第七段
1 .I just wanted to make sure the details have been corrected.
我希望确认一下细节已经被改正过来。
2 .The system should show that I am registered to earn four credits.
系统里应该显示我注册了4个学分
3 .But as of Friday, nothing was showing up yet.
,但是星期五的时候还什么都没有。
4 .I was told it would be fixed this morning.
有人告诉我今天早上已经改过来了。
第八段
1 .Well, I can check on the computer for you.
我可以在这台电脑上查查。
2 .Tom Arnold, right?
你叫Tom Arnold,是吧?
第九段
1 .Yes.
是的
第十段
1 .Well, it is showing credits... but only three.
好,这里显示了学分,,但是只有3
第十一段
1 .Really? So now what?
真的?为什么现在成了这样
2 .These all have to be finalized last week.
应该上周就确定了
3 .Well, yes. The course enrollment period ended last week.
是的,课程注册时段上周已经结束。
第十二段
1 .But since our office was supposed to get this straightened out for you before then....
。但是我们办公室已经在这之前就帮你把它改正的……
2 .Let me see what I can do.
让我看看现在我还能做什么。
第十三段
1 .Uh... did the university give approval for you to earn four credits for this internship?
学校批准你的实习可以算作4个学分了么?
2 .Because the other students at the center for marine research are only getting three.
其他在海洋中心做研究的学生只算作3个。
第十四段
1 .Um... I am pretty sure those other students are doing the internship at the center's aquarium, taking classes in marine biology and then teaching visitors about the various displays.
我非常确定其他学生就是在中心的水族馆实习,上上有关海洋生物学的课程,还有为参观者讲解展览。
2 .I am doing a special research internship with the center.
而我实在中心做一个特殊的实习,
3 .We'll be collecting data on changes to the seafloor out in the open ocean.
我会为大洋地区海底的变化采集样本。
第十五段
1 .Oh, that sounds quite advanced.
哦。听起来很高级。
第十六段
1 .Well, the internship requires me to have scuba diving certification and to be a senior oceanography student.
这个实习要求潜水员资格证,并且得是资深的海洋地理学学生。
2 .I want to do advanced study in oceanography when I graduate.
我毕业之后准备进一步做海洋地理方面的研究,
3 .So I really want to get a sense of what real research is like.
所以我想现在就了解这方面研究是怎么回事。
第十七段
1 .I see.
明白了。
2 .Now let's try and see if we can...
现在我看看我能怎么做。
3 .Oh, ok. I see the problem.
嗯。我知道问题了。
4 .There are two kinds of internships listed here - regular and research.
这里列举了两种实习,普通的和研究型的。
5 .Yours is listed as regular so it is only showing three credits.
你现在被划分在普通的实习之中所以只显示有3个学分。
第十八段
1 .Can you switch it?
你能换一下么?
第一十九段
1 .Not yet.
现在不行
2 .But it lists Professor Leonard as...
但是这里说Leonard教授是……
第二十段
1 .She is in charge of all the internships.
她管理所有的实习。
第二十一段
1 .She just needs to send an email so I have an official record.
需要她给我发封邮件以便我有正式的记录。
2 .Then I can switch it.And that should solve everything.
然后我就能帮你换了。这样所有问题就都解决了。
第二十二段
1 .Great! And I know Professor Leonard is in her office this afternoon, so I can go there later.
太棒了!我知道Leonard教授这个下午在她的办公室中,我之后会过去。
2 .It will be such a relief to get all these paperwork completed.
把所有文件都搞定了就轻松了。