始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 264455 同学完成了 4354076 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Listen to part of a conversation between a student and her United States History professor.

听一段学生和他美国历史教授的对话

第二段

1 .So, Amanda, you've asked a lot of questions about trade during the colonial period of the United States.

Amanda,你问了许多有关殖民地时期的美国贸易问题。

2 .Has our discussion clarified things for you?

我们的讨论帮你搞清问题了么?

第三段

1 .Well, yeah, but now, I think writing about trade for my paper isn't going to work.

是的。但是我觉得把贸易作为我论文的主题行不通。

2 .Oh, so your questions about shipping routes were for your research paper?

哦,所以你问的有关航线的问题是为了你的研究论文。

第四段

1 .Yeah. But now, I see that I probably need to come up with a new paper topic.

是的。我认为我大概需要想一个新的论文题目。

2 .Actually, there was one other idea I had.

实际上我还有一个想法。

3 .I have been thinking about doing something about community planning in the early British settlements in Eastern North America.

我想做有关早期在北美东部地区的英国定居者的社区规划问题。

第五段

1 .Oh. OK.

哦,好的

2 .I am curious.

好的。我很好奇

3 .Why are you interested in doing something on community planning in colonial times?

你为什么对殖民时期的社区规划产生了兴趣?

第六段

1 .Well, I am much more into architecture.

我更感兴趣的是建筑方面。

2 .It's my major and I mean, planning out a town or city goes along with that.

建筑是我的主修。我想从建筑的角度,写如何去规划一个小镇或是一个城市。

3 .I mean, not that I don't like history... I am interested in history... really interested...

不是说我对历史不感兴趣,我对历史很感兴趣,真的很感兴趣

4 .But I think, you know, for a career, architecture is more for me.

但是,你知道的,我想建筑更适合作我的职业。

第七段

1 .That's great. I've gotten some very thought-provoking papers from students whose interests go beyond history.

太棒了。我有一些兴趣范围超出了历史的学生,他们写过的一些论文很引人深思

第八段

1 .Ok. But for the paper you wanted us to try to include a comparison, right?

是的。但是在论文里,你希望我们包括一个对比,对吧?

第九段

1 .Yes. Actually, that was really the purpose of the assignment.

是的,实际上,这正是论文的真正目的

2 .The way the United States developed, or perhaps I should say the colonies, since the land that would become the Eastern United States... uh... there were British colonies there four hundred years ago.

美国何发展的方式,或者说殖民地区是如何发展的,因为那片土地早在发展为美国东部400年之前是英国殖民地。

3 .But anyway... uh... development in the colonies differed greatly depending on geography.

这些殖民地区根据地理位置不同发展的相当不一样

4 .I'm looking for papers that have ideas about how something that happened one way in the Northern colonies happened a different way in the Southern colonies.

我希望论文里能涉及到你对为什么同一事物在北部或南部的殖民地完全不同的想法。

第十段

1 .Is that true in terms of urban planning?

对于城市规划来讲是这样么(根据地域不同而不同)?

第十一段

1 .Very true. Towns in the Northern colonies were centralized and compact.

完全如此。北部殖民地的城镇中心化并且紧凑

2 .They provided a meeting point for exchanging goods, for participatory government, and for practicing religion.

它们是交换货物,参与政府,宗教活动的汇聚中心。

3 .Houses would be built along the roads that led into town.

房子通常建在通向城镇的路上,。

4 .And just outside the developed area, there would usually be an open field of some sort for grazing animals and also group activities.

发展成熟地区的外围通常是给畜牧业和团体活动留下的开阔地

5 .Actually, the model for planning a town in the Northern colonies was not unlike the model for the development of towns in medieval Europe.

事实上,北部殖民地的城市规划模式和中世纪欧洲的城市规划模式很相似,

6 .After all, the colonists had just come from Europe and the medieval period was just ended.

毕竟在殖民者离开欧洲的时候中世纪才刚刚结束。

第十二段

1 .Medieval Europe.

中世纪欧洲

2 .But what about the south?

。那南部呢?

3 .If I remember correctly... in the South, at least initially, they didn't build towns so much as they built trading posts.

我记得在南部,至少在初期的时候,相比建城镇,他们建了更多的交易站。

4 .That's right.

第十三段

1 .Most of the settlers in the North wanted to start a whole new life.

大多数在北边的欧洲定居者是抱着重新开始一个新生活的态度。

2 .But most of the people who came from Europe to the South just wanted to make some money and then go back.

但是到美国南方的欧洲殖民者仅仅是想赚点钱然后回家,

3 .It is not surprising that some of most common buildings were storage facilities and port facilities.

所以他们建的普遍是用来存储的建筑物或者港口,这点并不奇怪。