始终显示原文
小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 264455 同学完成了 4354076 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第一段

1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.

听一段学生和教授之间的讲话。

第二段

1 .Professor Jennings, I hope I am not interrupting, but you wanted to see me?

詹宁斯教授,我希望我没有打扰到您,您想见我?

第三段

1 .Oh, hello, Suzane. Yes, yes, come right in.

哦,苏泽。是的,是的,进来吧!

2 .How are you doing?

最近如何?

第四段

1 .All right.

还行!

第五段

1 .Well, good. The reason I wanted to talk to you was that while you were presenting you linguistics project in class the other day, well, you know, I was thinking you are a perfect candidate for the dean's undergraduate research fund.

嗯,好!我想见你,是因为你上次在课上给我们做了关于语言项目的报告很不错,我觉得你很适合去竞争系主任本科生研究经费。

第六段

1 .Um... Professor, I am not really sure what the... um... dean...

嗯,教授,我想我不太明白那个叫……是什么?

第七段

1 .Undergraduate research fund is...

本科生研究项目是…

2 .It is a mouthful I suppose.

嗯,这个叫法可能有些随意了。

3 .OK. Here's the thing.

好吧,这么说吧!

4 .Every year the school has a pool of money to fund a number of research projects of undergraduate students.

学校每年都会抽出来一部分经费,支持本科生研究项目。

5 .Because as you can imagine, indepth research often requires monetary support.

正如你也能想到,深度研究当然会需要经费的支持。

第八段

1 .I would like to expand on my research.

我当然愿意把我的研究推进下去。

第九段

1 .Good. First a panel of professors reviews the applications for the grant.

好!首先,一个由教授组成的委员会将会预览竞争经费的项目

2 .And then they decide which research project should be funded.

之后再决定那些项目获得支持。

3 .The allotted money could be used for travel expenses, to attend a conference for example, or for things like supplies, research equipment, resources that are necessary to conduct the research.

分配下来的经费可以被用作差旅费,比如参加学术会议的费用,或者补充给养,购买设备、资料等进行研究必备的东西。

第十段

1 .I see.

我明白了。

第十一段

1 .Right. And I think you should apply for this grant.

好的。我认为你应该申请这笔经费。

2 .Your project is definitely eligible.

你的项目很明显有竞争力。

3 .And you can expand it if you have the necessary resources.

到时候如果你有了必须的资料,你就能把你的研究扩展开去。

4 .So, does it sound like something you would be interested in?

所以,这听上去是让你觉得有趣的事儿么?

第十二段

1 .Oh, yeah, sounds great. I thought the topic I work on was very interesting, and it is certainly relevant to my linguistics major.

哦,是的,听上去很不错!我觉得我现在做的项目很有趣,并且它和我的语言学专业是对口的。

2 .I assume it will also look good when I try to get into graduate school. But how do I apply for the grant?

我想,这个项目应该会为我进入研究生院增光添彩吧!不过,我要怎样才能申请到这笔钱?

第十三段

1 .It is pretty straightforward.

申请方式很简明。

2 .A brief description of your proposed project, and an estimated budget.

首先,你先大致描述一下你的项目,然后在给出预算

3 .How much you need to spend and what you intend to spend it on.

,即你会在那些事情上花钱,花多少。

4 .Also a glowing letter of recommendation from a linguistics professor wouldn't hurt, which I'd be more than happy to write up for you.

同时,如果能够从语言学教授那儿送一封推荐信过去的话也会有帮助,这件事情我乐意效劳。

第十四段

1 .OK. Cool.

嗯,好极了!

2 .I am pretty clear on how to carry out my project, but I am not sure where I can find more information on the subject.

我现在已经很了解我要怎样进行我的项目,但我不清楚那儿能找到更多的相关资讯。

第十五段

1 .Well, I have already thought of that.

嗯,我已经想过了。

2 .There's this private library at a university in Boston.

波士顿有个大学里有一家私人图书馆

3 .By the way, because I graduated from that school, I can get you access to it, no problem.

我是从那儿毕业的,我可以帮你进去。

4 .You see, the library houses lots of unpublished documents that are relevant to your topic.

那儿保存了许多尚未公布但与你研究领域相关的资料。

第十六段

1 .So I can put that in the application for the grant, that I plan on using material from that library for my research and figure a trip to Boston into my budget?

这样的话,我能把这条信息也写到经费申请表里面去,之后,我就能够把我将会在那儿使用资料的费用以及来往的差旅费放到预算里了?

第十七段

1 .Exactly. I really think judging from your work in class, and the relevance and clarity of this project, you really have a good chance of getting the funding.

对!我已经从你的课堂作业和你项目的相关性预测了一下,你拿下这笔钱的机会很大!

第十八段

1 .OK. I'll definitely apply then.

好的!我会尽快申请!

第一十九段

1 .The sooner the better.

越快越好!

2 .It is due in a few weeks.

距离截止日期还剩几周了!

3 .Good Luck! And I'll get that letter written up right away.

好运!我马上把推荐信写了。