原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Listen to part of a conversation between a student and a professor.
听一段学生和教授之间的对话。
第二段
1 .I am so sorry I am late. Professor Mills.
对不起Mills教授,我来晚了。
2 .I just finished at the student medical center.
我刚从学生医院出来。
3 .I twisted my ankle playing soccer this morning.
今天早上我踢足球崴脚了。
4 .It took longer than I expected to see the doctor.
没想到我看医生看了这么长时间。
第三段
1 .That's okay. Don't worry about it. David.
没事,别担心,David。
2 .So let's get started.
我们开始吧。
3 .Your paper on John Dewey's political philosophy has a few issues I'd like to cover.
我想谈谈你那篇关于Johnson Dewey的政治哲学的论文,里面有几个问题。
4 .You gave a great biographical sketch in the beginning.
开头你写的人物生平很不错。
5 .Okay. But then as you get into his political philosophy, I don't think you've done enough to situate his philosophy within the time period.
但是当你之后谈他的政治哲学的时候,我觉得你没有充分论述他的哲学在当时的地位。
6 .In other words, you haven't connected Dewey's philosophy to the thinking of other intellectuals of the time.
换句话说,你并没有把Dewey的哲学和当时其他学者的思想联系起来。
第四段
1 .So I haven't captured the most critical influences, the influences that were most significant to his political thinking?
就是说我没有把握住最关键的影响,对他政治思考的最重要的影响吗?
第五段
1 .Exactly.
正是。
第六段
1 .OK, now, look back up at the section here, where you wrote about Dewey's view of individuality.
好,那我们来看看这个部分,你写了Dewey对个体的观点。
2 .This is all good content, but you haven't presented the information in a systematic way.
内容都很好。但是你对信息的交代不是很有条理。
3 .I really think this portion on individuality needs to come later, after your paragraphs on Dewey's intellectual influences.
我认为写个体这段应该出现在后面,在描写Dewey的学术影响的之后。
第七段
1 .After my revised paragraphs on what influenced them.
放在修改过的那段关于对Dewey的影响之后。
第八段
1 .Yes. Revised.
对,改后的
2 .Let me ask, uh, when you were finished writing, did you go back and ask yourself if all of the material was relevant?
我问你,你写完论文之后,有没有回顾一下,问问自己是否所有内容都是相关的?
第九段
1 .Well, no.
嗯,没有
第十段
1 .I do think there are areas that can be cut.
我认为有些内容可以舍掉。
2 .I guess what I am saying is that your paragraphs aren't really presented in a logical order.
我想说的是你的段落没有逻辑顺序。
3 .The direction of your argument isn't crystal clear.
你想论述的方向不是特别明确。
4 .And there's some unnecessary material getting in the way.
并且有些没用的信息干扰了主题。
第十一段
1 .OK. Sounds like I have a lot to do.
好的,看来我有好多要改了。
第十二段
1 .And one more thing, do you have a copy of the department's document on the correct format for index, citations and references?
还有一点,你有没有我们系的一份关于引用文献正确格式的文本?
第十三段
1 .No. I mean, I look at it online when I was working on this assignment.
没有。我写论文时是在网上查的。
第十四段
1 .You really should print it out.
你真的应该把它打印出来。
2 .You are going to need it for every paper you write in the political science department.
你在政治系写的每篇论文都会用到它。
3 .It looks like you are getting it mix up with another referencing system.
你好像把正确格式和其他一种引用方式弄混了。
第十五段
1 .Oh. Yeah, I used something different in high school.
哦,对,高中时我用的是另一种引用方式。
2 .It's so confusing switching to a new system.
换成新的感觉有点晕。
第十六段
1 .I know. But remember, everything needs to be consistent when it comes to referencing.
我理解。但你要记住,引用文献的格式一定要前后一致。
2 .It's a very important academic convention.
这是非常重要的学术惯例。
3 .Oh, also, I wanted to ask you... Will you be at the political science club meeting Saturday?
哦,还有,我想问你,周日你会去政治俱乐部的集会吗?
第十七段
1 .Definitely. The topic is John Dewey.
当然,主题就是Johnson Dewey。
第十八段
1 .Yes. Are you interested in leading part of the discussion?
对。你想主持一部分讨论么?
2 .Tom Hayward is looking for someone to help out, I think you'll have a lot to contribute.
Tom Hayward正在找人干这事儿。我想你一定有很多可讲。
第一十九段
1 .That'll be fun. I will give him a call.
那会很有意思。我会给他打电话的。