原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第一段
1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and her public relations professor.
听一段学生和她公共关系教授的对话你好戈登教授。
第二段
1 .Hi, professor Gordin, I really learned a lot from your lecture, the one about analyzing all those different segments of the population.
我真的从你的课堂上学习到了很多东西,就是那堂关于分析人口不同细分的课程。
2 .Oh, the official term is audience, right?
恩,官方术语应该是叫做受众,对吗?
3 .I never imagine that one company could have over thirty audiences to communicate with.
我从来没想过一个公司可以与三十多个受众客户进行沟通。
第三段
1 .Yeah, a lot of students are taken aback by this, and some public relations consultants don't figure it out until they've worked in the field a while.
是啊,很多学生都为此很吃惊,而且许多公关顾问在未涉及这个领域一段时间之前也搞不清楚。
第四段
1 .Everyone thinks, public relations, eh, PR is easy, but there's a lot to it.
大家都以为公关,就是PR 很简单,但是其实并不然。
2 .You really got to know what you are doing.
你真的得知道你在做什么才行。
第五段
1 .Absolutely. So, Stacy, your email implied that you needed my advice about graduate school?
确实。那么,史黛西,你给我发邮件说你要向我咨询一下研究生院的事情?
第六段
1 .No, since my undergraduate degree will be in public relations, I've already decided to get a master's degree in marketing.
不是的,因为我将拿到公共关系的本科学位,所以我已经决定研究生时学习市场营销学。
2 .Sorry, I wasn't clear.
不好意思,我说的不够清楚。
3 .My issue is, I have got two require courses and two electives.
我的问题是,我有两门必修课程和两门选修课程。
4 .I am trying to figure out which elective course is to take.
我正在考虑要选哪个课程作为选修。
5 .My advisor suggested economics and accounting, but I am not really sure.
我的指教导师建议我学习经济和会计,但是我还真不能确定。
第七段
1 .About?
不确定什么?
第八段
1 .Well, I endured accounting and economics in high school and barely stayed awake, they were so ...
呃,高中的时候我就在会计学和经济学中煎熬着,而我那时候基本不能保持清醒,它们太……
第九段
1 .Ok, Ok. I hear you.
好啦好啦,我明白你的意思了。
2 .Eh... you say you wanted a master's in marketing, you have got one more semester till graduation.
恩,你说你想攻读市场硕士学位,你还有一个学期就毕业了
3 .Have you taken any marketing courses yet?
那么你可否上过关于市场营销的课程呢?
第十段
1 .No, I figured I've got the marketing basis already since I have taken every PR in communication courses offered here.
没有。我想我已经有了市场营销学的基础了吧,因为我上了所有这里关于PR 的交流课程。
第十一段
1 .Well, there's some overlap between PR and marketing, but there are important differences too.
是这样,PR 和市场营销的确有重叠之处,但是也有很重要的区别。
2 .Marketing focuses on selling your product or service, eh, you know, attracting customers through advertising, and also building relationships with customers.
市场营销更注重销售你的产品或者服务,恩,你知道的,就是通过广告来吸引客户,而且要与客户建立良好的关系。
3 .That's what a marketing department does.
这就是市场系的工作。
4 .PR is all about, it involves relationships too, that's why I am saying the two fields overlap.
公共关系就更加广义,它也包括客户关系,这就是我所谓的重叠之处。
5 .But in PR, you are developing relationships with a wider range of audiences.
但是PR 是与更多的受众客户来建立关系。
第十二段
1 .Right. Like employees, suppliers, the media.
是的。比如说雇员、供应商及媒体。
2 .I do understand this in theory, but aren't you still selling your product, just in a different way?
这在道理上我很明白,但是你不同样是在以不同的方式进行销售吗?
第十三段
1 .Not necessarily. Ok, do you remember that PR strategy I alluded to the other day?
那不一定。你记得前几天我提到的PR 战略吗?
2 .The one our university uses, a strategy that doesn't overlap with its marketing strategy?
就是我们大学用的那个战略,它并不与市场营销战略重叠?
第十四段
1 .You mean how the university invites local residents to attend certain lectures and classes for free?
你是指我们学校邀请当地人来免费学习一些特定的课程是吗?
第十五段
1 .Yeah, this cultivates a sense of good will and helps the university avoid becoming isolated from the larger community.
是的,这就陶冶了一种高尚的情操并帮助我们学校避免被大环境所孤立。
2 .Bringing neighbours into our classrooms is good PR, but it is not marketing since our neighbours aren't our customers, for the most part.
让我们的邻居们来学习就是一种很好的PR,但是却不属于营销范畴,因为他们并不是我们的客户,至少大部分来讲是这样的。
第十六段
1 .That's why I want to focus on marketing in graduate school.
这也是我想攻读市场营销研究生学位的原因。
2 .Wouldn't having expertise in PR and marketing give me more career options?
难道说有了PR 和市场营销两门的专业知识不会让我有更多的职业选择吗?
第十七段
1 .Yeah, but you'll also want to enjoy your work.
会的。但是你也得喜欢你的工作啊。
2 .So for your electives, why don't you take advertising principles and intro the marketing, which I teach.
关于你选修课的问题,你就选我教的广告原则及市场介绍吧。
3 .This way, you'll find out if marketing is something you really want to pursue.
这样的话,你就能知道你是否真的想去学习市场学了。
4 .Graduate School tuition is expensive, and these courses will give you a good overview of the field before committing yourself.
研究生学习的学费很高,而这些课程可以让你在决定投身学习市场营销之前对这个领域有一个更好的认识。
第十八段
1 .I wish my advisor had suggested those courses.
如果我的指导教师之前也给我介绍这些课程就好了。
第一十九段
1 .Well, I am someone who has worked in both marketing and PR, so I can offer a different perspective than someone who only teaches.
呵呵,我是又教市场营销又教PR,所以我能比只教一门的老师更有不同的见解。